Saturday, August 8, 2015

Bible Art ~ Hope in the Lord



Psalm 31:24

24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

I stamped with Fun Stampers Journey Black licorice ink, and use 2 purple shades Prismacolor pencils. I just color the center, and outer petals using strokes, not a circular pattern.
This is Gamsol. It has a spongy top. You will invert the bottle for the sponge to get moist. Press the "blending stump" onto the moist spongy top.
Then using strokes from the center out, and blend. Then go to end of petals with long strokes, and blend. I get my Gamsol from Inky Antics

This is the flower after using Gamsol.
Stamp set is "Full Bloom" from Fun Stampers Journey. It was the May Kit of the Month and will be available for purchase Sept 1st.. "Where Flowers Bloom..." is part of this stamp set. The other lettering, I used stickers, lightly adhered to my page, then traced around with a Micron pen. Gently peeled away stickers and colored in.
 

3 comments:

Lil said...

This is truly lovely! I do hope to work with gamsol in the future!

Suzanne Alexis said...

What a great idea about using the letter stickers! I need to try that!

Trudy Osborn said...

These Bible pages are absolutely stunning! WOW! It would be such a unique and creative way to study the Word AND have a masterpiece full of memories of time in God's word when you're done. WOW! WOW! WOW!